Friday, January 20, 2012

“And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”

Gotta love the chance to throw in a Dr. Seuss quote!  Well, we're not at exactly at 98-3/4% percent but baby, we've come along way (in the Kitchen that is.)  Just a quick update/post as I'm working on a doozy for a cross-promotional post with the Mamatoga blog.  I'm so excited that Jenny invited me to guest blog for her while she is out on blogaternity leave. 
It's been a very busy week at Regent St.  Monday morning was quite the shocker; house temperature read 54 as we left for work/school (it's really daycare but calling it school takes away some of the mommy guilt I have.)  Couple of phone calls later and Rotterdam Heating and Air Conditioning were on their way to assess the damage.  Thankfully, due to our own neglect/inexperience it was just a filter issue.  Problem fixed.
Next up on the Monday agenda - final kitchen cabinet install.  Home Depot had finished about 85% but still had some finishing work (moldings, shelving, etc.)  They did an amazing job from start to finish.  As I said in this post - I would highly recommend the team that we worked with.  Kristen Lombard from the Latham, NY Home Depot and installer Ed were top notch.
Finally Wednesday came - a big day for the kitchen renovation - installation of the granite.  As I have said before, we've been using plywood as our countertops so this day could not have come any quicker for us!  Hubby texted me around noon at work to tell me the installers were done and it took every fiber in my being not to bolt out of my chair and zoom up the Northway.  I must have told 30 people at work that the countertops were installed.  Honestly I think everyone at work is a little sick of hearing about my renovations - oh well.
Knowing that the countertops were going in on Wed we had invited my Mom and Chip's Mom and Step-Dad over for our first official dinner party.  We wanted to thank them for all their support and love during this process because honestly, we would have NEVER gotten to where we are without them.  Chip's stepdad was a very integral part of our renovations having refinished, stained and polyed all the downstairs moldings, front door and staircase.  The intricate and tedious job would have been on the back burner for a long time if it weren't for him.  He's almost finished but leaves for FL for a few months so when he returns he'll finish the staircase.  Hopefully by then we'll have another job for him to take on :-)
Below are a couple photos of the kitchen.  Mind you we still need to finish molding throughout and around the window but what a difference!


Prepping for our first official dinner party!

No comments:

Post a Comment