Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pin It!

Pinterest is to me what fantasy football is to Chip - a necessity of life.  I'm completely obsessed with it.  Actually, I don't think obsessed is the right word....need something more severe; dependent, fanatic, completely engrossed in, devoted, invested.  Need I say more? 


Pinterest came in to my life at the most opportune time.  Renovation time.  B.P (before Pinterest) we were still living in Malta, content, with not many home projects on the forefront.  A.P (after Pinterest) we bought Regent, began the renovation and moved in.  To say I needed some design inspiration is an understatement.  My life needed Pinterest.

Some things you probably don't know about me (unless your my mom or hubby reading this;)  I'm a procrastinator, I'm completely disorganized at times, I love interior decorating but I think I'm pretty horrible at it, I get overwhelmed shopping for our home even in Target and I come up with many grandiose plans but only follow through on about 1/2 of them.  So, Pinterest has been the perfect tool in many ways for the Regent St. renovation.  I get to browse through zillions of pictures of bedrooms, bathrooms, entryways, porches, etc.  I can find similar sized rooms as the ones in our house, in a color palate that I like, and decorated close to our taste, put the Lawrence Twist on it and voila - I have a blueprint for a room.  Here's a perfect example; the bathroom below (from my pinterest bathroom board) is a very similar size and layout to our downstairs 1/2 bath.  The first thing that caught my eye were the horse pictures and the wallpaper.  Then after further inspection I found the hardwood floors.  I don't love everything about this bathroom but I guess that's the point.  My fondness for Pinterest comes from the fact that you don't have to love everything in the picture but that you can lift certain elements from it for inspiration.  My plan is to do something very similar in our guest bathroom thanks to this one picture.  How can you not LOVE Pinterest??

No comments:

Post a Comment